Co-Parenting 101 is an interactive, educational program designed to teach effective parenting during the transitions of parental separation or divorce. This multi-media class highlights cutting-edge research on the critical role parents play in their child’s ability to adjust and thrive in the transition and disruption of separation and divorce. This class emphasizes the responsibility of each parent to provide a nurturing, safe environment for the child.
What: 3-3 1/2 hour interactive class
When: Friday mornings
How much: $200/person (price includes Parenting Handbook)
Where: Location will be given a few days before the start of class (Location most likely in Homewood, AL at my office 2917 Central Ave, Ste 305, 35209)
Registration Details: You must be signed up 5 business days BEFORE the class. No later than 5pm on the Monday BEFORE class on Friday. Otherwise, I will cancel the class Monday evening.
Friday, April 13, 2018- click to register
Friday, May 11, 2018- click to register
Friday, June 8, 2018- click here to register
Friday, July 20, 2018- click here to register
Friday, August 17, 2018- click here to register
Friday, September 14, 2018- click here to register
Friday, October 12, 2018- click here to register
Friday, November 9, 2018- click to register
Friday, December 7, 2018- click to register
- Identifying feelings associated with separation and divorce
- Ways children of varying ages may react during transitions
- Suggested ways of talking to children about divorce
- Establishing a coparenting relationship
- Navigating changes in the living situation
- Creating new family structures and rhythms
This is an educational program and not a counseling session. The focus is on establishing new patterns of communication that benefit the children and bolster the effectiveness of the new family dynamic. Parents will not be discussing interpersonal issues.
Who can benefit from Co-Parenting 101?
- Divorcing or divorced parents
- Single parents
- Parents who are changing custody or visitation
- Custodial grandparents
- Concerned family members
- Educators, Social Workers, Therapists, Clergy and School Counselors
- One million parents have successfully completed the program over the last decade.
- Co-Parenting 101 (formerly TransParenting) is a national program operating in 40 states and 200 jurisdictions.
- 96% of family court judges surveyed report that the program “serves to lessen the negative efforts of divorce on children” (Journal of Divorce and Remarriage, 1997).
- The National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges awarded the original program the “Unique and Innovative Project Award”.
- Exit interviews consistently show high ratings. Despite being mandated to attend and paying a fee, more than 94% of parents say the program is “helpful;” or “extremely helpful”. 98% would recommend the program to others.
- Each participant will receive a Parent Handbook, which outlines the seminar content and provides an excellent resource for parents during this journey.
Check out my blogs on Co-Parenting-